Back to the analysis section
Crypto Recap June 6: Coinbase on Track to Operate Regulated Broker-Dealer
HOT STORIES OF THE DAY
- SEC chairman: Cryptocurrencies like bitcoin are not securities - CNBC: SEC Chairman Jay Clayton speaks with CNBC's Bob Pisani about what he sees for the future of blockchain, cryptocurrencies and initial coin offerings (ICO).
- Venture Capitalists Seek ‘Safe Harbor’ for Virtual Currencies - NY Times: Venture capitalists and entrepreneurs have been lobbying federal regulators to protect at least some virtual currencies from being categorized as securities, a designation that would carry significantly more oversight.
- Our path to listing SEC-regulated crypto securities - Coinbase: Today, we’re announcing that Coinbase is on track to operate a regulated broker-dealer, pending approval by federal authorities.
- Cryptocurrencies 'Are Not Going Away' Says CFTC Official - Coindesk: Cryptocurrencies are here to stay, according to an official from the chief US commodities regulator.
- EOS cryptocurrency contract bug hunter earns $120,000 in seven days - ZDNet: A single bug hunter is vastly improving the EOS blockchain system -- and cashing in at the same time.
- Exclusive: World’s Top Crypto Exchange Binance Sets Up Bank Account in Malta - CoinTelegraph: Changpeng Zhao, the CEO and founder of Binance, revealed the company has set up a bank account in Malta, in an exclusive interview with Cointelegraph Wednesday, June 6th.
- Here’s why the EOS mainnet did not launch today. And that’s fine - Reddit: Alexandre helps explain what it means when Block Producers say that they are validating the EOS blockchain before it launches.
- SEC Appoints First Ever Cryptocurrency Chief - Reddit: Valerie Szczepanik has been appointed as the new head of the SEC’s cryptocurrency task force.
- Reports: Investment Giant Fidelity Issues Job Offers for Crypto Exchange Devs - CoinTelegraph: US investment giant Fidelity Investments is hiring developers to build a cryptocurrency exchange, reports claim June 6 citing internal correspondence.
- Ethereum Software Parity to Update After Critical Bug Detected - Coindesk: A critical consensus bug has been uncovered in a testing environment used by one of the two principal softwares crucial to the operation of the world's second-largest blockchain.
- Crypto Unicorn Circle Aims to Expand Into Regulated Banking - Bloomberg: Circle Internet Financial Ltd., one of the world’s most valuable cryptocurrency platforms, is looking to make a big leap into the highly regulated realm of U.S. banks and brokerages.
- Swiss Bank Becomes First in Country to Offer Business Accounts to Crypto Companies - CoinTelegraph: Hypothekarbank Lenzburg has become the first bank in Switzerland to provide business accounts to blockchain...
MAIN GAINERS/LOSERS TOP 100 COINS
Join the CoinLive family and stay up-to-date with everything going on in the crypto universe